Mazda Miata Add Clutch Fluid
Clutch fluid, or what is actually brake fluid, in your Mazda Miata is used to transmit energy from the master cylinder to the clutch slave cylinder. The slave cylinder then transmits energy to the clutch fork, which releases the clutch. If the clutch fluid in your Miata is low, shifting can be very difficult because the clutch won't be releasing completely. The only reason the clutch fluid would be low is because of a leak in the system. If this is the case, have your Miata checked by an automotive professional. To add fluid to clutch, follow these steps.
|DOT3 or DOT4 brake fluid|
Add Clutch Fluid
- Open the hood and prop it.
- Locate the clutch fluid reservoir. It will look very similar to the brake master cylinder but smaller and to the left.
- Remove the cap of the reservoir and add brake fluid to the "max" line located on the outside of the reservoir.
- Place the cap back onto the reservoir.
- Close the hood.
Tips & Warnings
- Keep a bottle of brake fluid in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
- Wear safety glasses when working on your Mazda Miata.