2007 Volkswagen Beetle Replace Headlight
The headlights on your 2007 Volkswagen New Beetle should be checked periodically to make sure it is functioning properly. Of course, if and when the headlights do burn out, you'll need to replace them right away. Replacement headlights can be purchased from auto parts stores. The 2007 New Beetle accepts an H1-style replacement headlight. Once you have the replacement headlight, you can replace it in just a few simple steps.
| This process does not require tools.
If you feel any tools are required, feel free to update this article.
 Replace Headlight
- Open the hood and locate the seam between the New Beetle's nose piece and the front fender. You will find a small knob just below the first two fender mounting bolts.
- Push in on the release knob and pull it up as far as it will go.
- Push the headlight assembly from behind and pull it out from the front of the New Beetle.
- Unplug the electrical connector from the back of the headlight housing assembly.
- Push on the release tab on the plastic housing cover on the back of the headlight housing assembly. Then pull the cover down to expose the headlight bulbs.
- Squeeze the spring clip that holds the headlights in place and pull the clip off the back of the headlights.
- Pull out the old headlight bulbs and insert the new headlights. Then reassemble the headlight housing and reinstall it onto the 2007 New Beetle.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.