2004 Cadillac SRX Replace Turn Signal Light Bulb
The 2004 Cadillac SRX comes equipped with turn signal lights on both the rear and the front of the vehicle. Replacing the bulbs on these lights is a simple process. For the front turn signals, you have to access the bulb from underneath the vehicle through the wheel well. For the rear turn signals, you simply have to go through the rear door to access the tail light assembly. The only tools required for replacing the SRX turn signals are a Phillips-head screwdriver and a clean cloth.
Replace Turn Signal Light Bulb
Front Turn Signal Bulbs
- Turn the SRX's engine off. Turn the steering wheel all the way to the right if you are replacing the left-hand turn signal and all the way to the left if you are replacing the right-hand turn signal.
- Crawl underneath the SRX on the side of the vehicle on which you will be replacing the turn signal. Remove the six screws from the wheel well holding the wheel well cover in place. Remove the wheel well cover.
- Reach into the wheel well and locate the turn signal bulb. The turn signal bulb is located on the lower row of bulbs and is the larger bulb on the bottom row. Rotate it clockwise to remove it.
- Use a clean cloth to install the new bulb into the assembly and rotate it clockwise to secure. The 2004 SRX uses 3157-type bulbs for its front turn signals.
- Reattach the wheel well cover and reinstall the six screws.
Rear Turn Signal Bulbs
- Turn the SRX's engine off. Open the rear door.
- Remove the plastic liner behind the tail lamp assembly if your SRX comes equipped with one. Remove the two screws securing the tail lamp assembly to the SRX.
- Pull the tail lamp assembly out of the SRX and remove its electrical-connector by pulling it off the assembly. Rotate the top socket counterclockwise to remove it. This is the turn signal socket.
- Pull the old bulb out of the SRX turn signal socket and use a clean cloth to install the new 3057-type bulb. Reattach the socket to the assembly by rotating it clockwise. Reconnect the electrical-connector and place the assembly back into the vehicle.
- Reinstall the screws and close the rear door.
Tips & Warnings
- Always use some form of protection when installing new bulbs so as to not damage the bulbs.