2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Adjust Headlights
The headlights of the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix already come adjusted from the factory. You may need to re-adjust the headlamps for a variety of reasons, including being involved in an accident or driving in rough road conditions for an extended period of time. Fortunately, Pontiac has made adjusting the headlights simple by including adjustment screws close to the headlights.
 Tools Used
 Adjust Headlights
- Turn off the vehicle and open the hood. Make sure the vehicle is facing towards a wall or garage door or any solid surface and that the vehicle is approximately 25 feet away from the surface.
- Locate the adjustment screws on the headlight assembly unit. The lower screw is for the low beams. The higher screw is for the high beams. Rotating the screw clockwise will raise the headlights. Rotating the screw counterclockwise will lower them.
- Turn the aiming screw until the headlights are aimed straight ahead. A good way of checking is to stretch a string or tape measure from the center of the headlight to the wall and mark it with chalk or tape. The distance from the center of the headlights to the outer edges should be equal. Use the tape measure to make sure that the headlights are aligned properly. This step is for both the high and low beams.
 Tips & Warnings
- You may need to adjust the aim of the low beams if you can't see the road.
- Allow time for the engine to cool off before making any headlight adjustments.