2000 Ford F150 Disable the Anti-Theft System
The Ford F-150 is a two- or four-door truck. It features power locks and an antitheft system. According to the owner's manual, only the dealership can disable the antitheft system. However, you can deactivate the autolock feature. This security feature automatically locks all the F-150's doors when the engine is running and when the vehicle is in motion. This is part of the antitheft system.
 Tools Used
 Disable the Anti-Theft System
- Turn off the ignition and make sure all the doors are closed.
- Place the key in the ignition and turn it to the "On" position.
- Press the power door unlock button three times. This button is located on the door panel.
- Turn the key to the "Off" position in the ignition.
- Press the power door unlock button three more times.
- Turn the key back to the "On" position. Listen for the horn to chirp.
- Press the unlock button once followed by the lock button. The horn will chirp once, indicating the autolock feature was deactivated.
- Turn the key to the "Off" position. The horn will chirp once, confirming the procedure.
 Tips & Warnings
- You must complete the steps within 30 seconds. If you cannot complete the steps in the allotted time, you must repeat the steps.