2000 Cadillac Deville Change Antifreeze
You should drain and replace the coolant in your 2000 Cadillac DeVille every two years. Change the coolant sooner if you notice color changes or debris in the coolant. Cadillac recommends using the extended-life red coolant in your DeVille's radiator. Buy a pre-mixed coolant with water, or mix your coolant 50-50 with water before refilling the radiator.
 Tools Used
|Large drain pan|
|Extended-life red coolant|
 Change Antifreeze
- Raise your DeVille with a jack and place a set of jack stands on the inside area of each wheel to support the car. Remove the jack once the car is secure on the jack stands.
- Position a large drain pan beneath the drain plug on the driver side of the radiator. Remove your DeVille's radiator drain-plug with a wrench. Wait for the coolant to drain fully from the radiator.
- Replace the drain plug on your DeVille's radiator and tighten it with a wrench. Raise the car with the jack. Remove the jack stands and place the car on the ground.
- Raise your DeVille's hood. Remove the filler cap from the radiator and add coolant to the radiator until the level is full.
- Start the engine with the radiator cap off. Turn on the heat in your DeVille and let the engine run until the heat blows warm. Add coolant as needed to top off the radiator level.
- Turn off the engine when the heat begins blowing hot. Wait while the engine cools. Top off the coolant if the level drops during cooling. Replace the radiator cap and close the hood of your DeVille.