1999 Honda Accord Reset Check Engine Light
In 1999 the Honda Accord was manufactured as a sedan or a coupe, and was available in four trim levels. If the "Check Engine" light comes on in your Accord, the computer system has detected a problem with the emission system. After the necessary repair is made, the light may remain on. Resetting the light on your Accord can be done in just a few minutes.
Reset Check Engine Light
- Open the hood of your Honda Accord and locate the battery. On the 1999 Accord, the battery is on the right side of the engine.
- Loosen the nut that connects the cable to the negative terminal, using a 10mm socket on a socket wrench.
- Pull the clamp off the terminal by sliding it up.
- Wait five to 10 minutes, then slide the clamp back onto the negative terminal. Tighten with clamp with the socket wrench.
- Start your Honda Accord. The "Check Engine" light will flash on and off a few times before turning off completely.