1995 Oldsmobile Aurora Change the Battery
Many owners of the Oldsmobile Aurora have a hard time finding the vehicle's battery. Unlike in most other vehicles, the Aurora's battery is located beneath the rear-seat cushion. Other than removing the rear-seat cushion, replacing the battery in your Aurora is not much different than in any other vehicle. The process is the same for all models (1995 to 2003).
 Tools Used
|AC Delco replacement battery (preferred)|
 Change the Battery
- Park the Aurora on level ground and turn the engine off. Make sure your replacement battery is suitable for the year and model of your Aurora.
- Lift up on the rear-seat cushion bottom to release the clips, and then pull the seat towards the front of the vehicle to remove.
- Remove the battery access cover. Remove the bolts securing the battery mounting bracket.
- Loosen the locking nut for the positive (+) and negative (-) battery terminals. Lift the cables from the terminals and remove the battery.
- Install the new battery. Connect the red cable to the positive (+) terminal and connect the black cable to the negative (-) terminal.
- Replace the mounting bracket and tighten the screws. Replace the battery access cover and the rear-seat cushion.
 Tips & Warnings
- General Motors recommends AC Delco replacement batteries for best results.
- Do not cross-connect the battery cables. Use the cable colors as a guide when connecting the battery cables.