1995 Nissan Pathfinder Change A/C Belt
The 1995 Nissan Pathfinder comes equipped with three different drive belts on the front of the engine. The air conditioner belt on the 1995 Nissan Pathfinder is a single belt that controls the air conditioner pump only. The crankshaft is the component that drives the air conditioner belt around the air conditioner pulley. The belt is tensioned inside of the air conditioner pulley by an adjustable idler pulley. Replace the belt immediately if there is excessive wear or excessive cracking anywhere on the belt.
 Tools Used
|3/8-inch drive ratchet|
|Metric socket set|
 Change A/C Belt
- Park the 1995 Nissan Pathfinder in a safe work location. Push the emergency brake in and open the hood.
- Locate the air conditioner belt that is seated inside of the air conditioner pulley and the crankshaft pulley. Then, locate the adjustable idler pulley below the air conditioner compressor. Loosen the center lock nut on the front of the idler pulley with the 3/8-inch drive ratchet and a metric socket.
- Turn the adjustment bolt on the bottom of the idler pulley counter clockwise to loosen the belt. When the belt becomes loose enough, pull the belt out of the pulleys and out of the engine compartment.
- Seat the new belt into the air conditioner pulley and the crankshaft pulley. Turn the adjustment bolt on the bottom of the idler pulley clockwise with the ratchet and socket to tighten the belt. When the belt begins to get tight, check the tension on the belt by pushing in on the top of the belt with your hand. If the new belt has over a 1/2 inch of slack, keep tightening the belt until the belt has a 1/2 inch of slack or less.
- Tighten the lock nut in the center of the idler pulley with the ratchet and socket.
- Crank the engine and let the engine run for approximately 20 seconds to completely seat the new belt into the pulleys. Turn the engine off and recheck the tension on the belt. Shut the hood.
 Tips & Warnings
- A belt tensioner checking tool can also be used to check the tension on the new belt. This tool can be purchased at most all auto parts stores.
- Keep hands and fingers away from the moving pulleys on the front of the engine when the engine is running.