1991 Dodge Stealth Change a Fuel Filter
If it has been a while since your last tuneup or fuel filter change, you may notice some problems with the performance of your vehicle. Some indications of a clogged or faulty fuel filter are an engine that is sluggish, complete engine loss or decreased gas mileage. Fortunately, changing the fuel filter on your 1991 Dodge Stealth is a simple procedure. All you need is a new fuel filter and some basic tools.
 Tools Used
|Replacement fuel filter|
 Change a Fuel Filter
- Park your Dodge Stealth on a flat surface in a well ventilated area. Apply the parking brake to prevent the vehicle from rolling while you are changing the fuel filter. Disconnect the negative battery cable. Loosen and unscrew the gas tank filler cap to relieve the vapor pressure in the fueling system.
- Open the hood of your Dodge Stealth and look near the rear engine area on the passenger's side. The fuel filter is a black or silver metal cylinder mounted to the upper firewall. A long black tube, the fuel line, will be attached the fuel filter at both ends.
- Use an adjustable wrench to remove the banjo bolts that connect the fuel filter to the upper firewall. Locate the fuel filter connectors at each end of the fuel filter. Disconnect the fuel filter from the fuel line with a wrench by turning the connector counterclockwise. Do the same for the connector at the opposite end of the fuel filter. Remove and discard this filter.
- Replace the old fuel filter with a new one. Align the new filter with the fuel line. Attach the fuel line to the fuel filter with the connectors and the wrench. Ensure that the fuel filter is securely fastened. Bolt the filter onto the upper firewall.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable. Tighten the gas tank filler cap.